Sunday, January 30, 2011

Well in a perfect world this picture would be me on any given day.  My reality is much different.  The dog in the picture could very well be one of mine, but I have never worn an apron and my son has not stood that close to me since he was ten.  I had visions of motherhood being like this.  Let's just say it didn't quite turn out like that.

I am the mother of a very busy 14 year old son named Parker.  I work full time at an autobody shop, with my father.  That in itself could be a very interesting blog.  I am starting this blog as a simple way to reflect back on things.  I am starting a new chapter in my life, hell it's a new book.  I will be turning forty in a few months and it looks as though more then my age may be changing. 

I was recently diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease.  Sounds scary, feels scary and well I'm a little scared.  I am not naive to the disease. My mother was diagnosed almost two years ago.  I know what this beast is capable of doing to me.  I refuse to bury my head in my pillow and pray it goes away.  I will laugh a bit more and live everyday.

If by chance anyone else decides to read this, please be aware of a few things.  My grammar and spelling suck.  I may drop the F bomb a time or two.  I may quote statistics that are not correct, although they will be how my tiny mind remembers them.  I will be honest to the point of being rude sometimes. This is me, and I'm having a good day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment