Monday, May 2, 2011

Hello 40!!

It has been a crazy couple of weeks.  I have sat down, on more then one occasion to update this page and never seem to finish it.  It seems as though there is always something to do, somewhere to go, or something pressing on television that I just cant miss.  So where do I begin?

The little yellow pill, yes indeed it appears that this will remain part of my daily regimen.  I went back to SIU, and was evaluated after being off meds for thirty six hours.  Thirty six very long hours, I might add.  I have no idea how this well nourished girl ever made it through the day without those little power pills.  My overly handsome doctor explained to me that once we started the meds, it would be hard to function without them.  He was so very right.  Anyway, the neurologist in Springfield simply stated that the diagnosis was correct and that the meds that had been prescribed were correct and he could see no reason for me to come all the way down there, when the neurologist in Peoria was doing a fine job.  I explained to him that I had been sent to him by this fine doctor in Peoria and his response was simply "I can't give you another diagnosis if that's what you want."    He wrote a few notes and out the door he went.  I left that day feeling as though I wasn't a rare enough case for him.  I pictured him walking out and telling the nurse "yea, just another Parkinson's patient, Next."   On a good note, I have adjusted the little yellow pill a bit.  I take one extra pill a day, this really helps avoid the "down times".  I have had a really good week and according to some doctors, once you tweak the meds to suit you, they may be good for up to five years.

Yes indeed, I just celebrated the 19th anniversary of  my 21st birthday.  Turning forty really wasn't all that bad. In fact, it was a blast.  I will post pictures and tell you all about the best weekend a forty year old, well nourished  gal could have. 

Today has been a good day.


















2 comments:

  1. The pictures you've posted so far have been great. You'll have to share all the party details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Jane Semple, MA, ND is a Naturopathic Doctor practicing out of Cleveland, OH. A few years ago, she cured herself of Parkinson Disease symptoms using safe, all natural methods. Dr. Semple founded the Alternative Healing Institute to bring training for alternative therapies to individuals and medical professionals. She develops and teaches continuing education courses for those in the medical field. Dr. Semple is an active member of the American Naturopathic Medical Association, the Association of Nutritional Consultants, American Botanical Council and Coalition for Natural Health. She has authored several Woodland titles, including Alzheimer Disease, Blood Pressure, Cholesterol & Inflammation, Fertility, HPV and Cervical Dysplasia,Parkinson Disease and Influenza: Epidemics, Pandemics and Bird Flu. Her book Parkinson's Disease: A Naturopathic Approach can be purchased at www.amazon.com and www.woodlandpublishing.com. Her website is www.mynsp.com/drjanesemple/index.aspx. She also has a You Tube video explaining about Parkinson's Disease. It can be viewed at www.youtube.com/watch?v=eechjGu9Hec.

    ReplyDelete