Saturday, April 16, 2011

Rainy days

Waking up to the smell of rain, listening to it hit the windows, the cool air, all of this made me want to stay in bed this morning.  I dearly love mornings when you are able to just lay around, no need to be anywhere at any certain time and everyone else in the house feels the same way.  I have written before that I started this blog as a way to always remember.  Dementia, as many of you are aware, is my biggest fear.  So, if one day I am unable to remember what a rainy day felt like when I was 39.9 years old, maybe this little blog will be just the thing to bring a bit of it back to me.  On a brighter note
The billboard is already to go.  It is set to be up on the 18th of April, I believe the intersection is Sheridan and Glen in Peoria.  I was overwhelmed with the comments on Face book.  Some of them actually brought me to tears.  People that I haven't seen in a good many years messaged me, friends and family reposted to their own status.  I tried to thank everyone, but it just doesn't seem enough.  I hope that those of you who sent a kind word, or reposted know how much that meant to me.  This is all about awareness, and honestly I feel as though it has done just that and hasn't even went up yet.  I am still a little nervous about what it will look like up, but it really doesn't matter.  People are learning of this shit pot of a disease, and that is what it is all about. 

I have been thinking of doing some type of fund raiser, to support Team Bohlander.  I have organized benefits and rides before, but was thinking of something different.  If you have any ideas, please shoot them to me.  It can be something small, or something on a larger scale as well.  I had someone offer some space at the Marigold festival, just not sure what to do.  Motorcycle rides always seem to go over well, and I'm sure I have a few people out there that would help with that.  Again, I appreciate all the kind words, and will update this later.  I am addicted to the Twilight series, and today is the day to get caught up.

Today has been a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment