Monday, April 4, 2011

Not much new

Well, it's been a few days since I have updated.  No particular reason why, other then there just hasn't been much to update.  It seems as we get older, that we become more predictable. Our day to day life, seems to become week to week.  Just like many other women out there raising a family, working, and taking care of a house you seem to loose a bit of yourself.  We tend to always put the needs of others in front of our own.  In my opinion, and it is just my opinion others may disagree, but when you decide to become a parent, from that moment on your life is no longer just yours.  Everything in my life seems to revolve around someone else and that is fine by me, or at least it was. 
When I was diagnosed, I don't think I really thought about how much my day to day life would change.  I certainly didn't realize how anal I was about things.  The medical side of this shit pot of a disease is not nearly disturbing to me as the mental aspect of the whole thing.  Trying to schedule things during my "good times" and just coming to the realization that everything does not have to be done now, and it doesn't have to be done by me has been a battle.  I know that I can be a bit of a control freak and trying to let that go is not easy.  Asking for help, or better yet admitting that you may need help is a struggle.  I guess I like having a predictable life and this whole Parkinson's shit has really got me feeling a bit unstable.  This is something that I can not control and that in itself pisses me off.  

Today has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment