Thursday, March 10, 2011

Holli Proof the house

After reading thousands of articles concerning the shit pot disease I am dealing with, one thing keeps coming up.  Well exercise, but I am still just thinking about that one.  It is safety.  There are times when your body just isn't where it is supposed to be, meaning when you expect your right leg to follow the left and it remains planted firmly behind you.  This will time and again leave you picking your well nourished ass up off the ground.  Many of you know me, and I am sure many would agree when I do something, I really do it.  I have decided, with pushing from others, it is time to get some hand rails etc. put up around the house. I am not going to go over board on the safety shit.  I don't think I could ever use a four point harness on my dog, like above, but I am going to be more careful.  I find it ironic that just the other day I found an outlet cover still on in the bedroom.  The outlet covers that keep tiny people from inserting tiny objects into them.  Yea, Parker is almost old enough to have a drivers permit, I think I can safely remove all child proofing objects.  Out with the old and in with the new, I guess.
I know isn't that beautiful?  Everyone is going want one of these groovy little gadgets around their toilet.  In all honesty, I am excited about this. Imagine if you will, doing about a thousand squats.  That familiar burn and stiffness the next morning in your upper legs.  Yea, that is how my legs feel for about the first two hours I am awake.  It makes it nearly impossible some mornings to get up from a sitting position.  This leads to a rocking motion to get up, and this could lead to some very bad and embarrassing moments. I keep picturing the toilet coming loose from the floor and like a fire hydrant sending water straight up in the air or straight up anyway.
 We will also need to install handrails up the stairs as well.  I do spend quite a lot of time in the basement as that is where the laundry room is located.  If you by chance see my son wearing a shirt that looks a bit small, feel safe assuming it was a bad day and someone else helped with the laundry.  God love them for helping, but everything colored is not the same and everything does not go in the dryer.  So those rails are going to be a must.
6 months ago, I would never have dreamed I would be installing hand rails and being worried about rocking my toilet from the floor.  Ohh rocking and toilet reminded me.
This could be a pretty cool thing as well.

Today has been a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm lovin the rocking chair toilet. This could be the chair of the future. Where and when can I order one? lol <3

    ReplyDelete