Friday, March 11, 2011

Terrible movie night

I decided tonight would be a relaxing, no laundry, no worry, just kick back and watch a movie kind of night.  My first mistake was the movie I picked. Remember a few posts back, where I spoke of a new movie out, the one with the young lady that was suffering from Parkinson's.  At that time I  felt that it would be against my better judgement to watch that particular film.  There was good reason for that, so why the fuck did I decide now was the time?   
If I were anyone else, I would say that it's your typical chick flick.  Boy meets girl, boy falls in love, girl dumps stupid boy, boy gets educated and wins back the girl.  End of story.  I read so much more into this shit packed flick.  The normal eye wouldn't have seen how most every time she was laying in bed she was rubbing her foot, this helps to take away the sharp pains that shoot through your feet for no apparent reason, when just lying there.  Maggie (main character) seemed car sick at one point.  I have had this thousands of times when not driving.  Silly girl can't open a fucking pop tart for silly boy after a night of heated love.  That's because she just got out of bed and your fucked up fingers aren't connected to your brain yet.  One particular scene, silly girl is nervous and the twitch hits.  I swear to you ,when I seen her face and hand, I knew exactly how she was feeling, I mean if she was real and not an actress.  There were little things through this entire film that just smacked me in the face.  I probably missed a dozen or so, for the simple fact that I couldn't see the tv and was to lazy to get up and get a Kleenex.  Would I watch it again?  That would be a negative.

I will leave you with a few quotes from the movie.

1.  People suffering from Parkinson's say "fuck" a lot. ~ ryan corderman
2. Spilled milk is nothing worth crying about. Spilled vodka on the other hand is a big freaking deal!
3.Parkinson's conventions are better then comedy clubs

I'm pretty fucking sure the first one to be true, the second one was just damn funny and the third, well it just stuck with me.  Sometimes things are funny, no matter how bad they really are, you have to laugh.  At one point an older gentlemen told the young lad who was in love with the young Parkinson's patient to run.  "Grab your shit now and go" he said.  "It's gonna get real ugly, she's going to forget how to dress, to feed herself, hell she'll forget you."   Yea, see why this well nourished girl is banning this movie forever, but it was just a movie right?  We don't all end up like that right?

Today has been a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment