Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's been a day

I thought that I had come to grips with this whole shit pot packed disease.  I really thought that I had a handle on the fact that YES, I now live in a body that can not be controlled all the time.  I thought that I was handling the whole jig jackpot quite well.  Then bam, one fucking question throws this well nourished girl to the edge.  It was a simple question, asked by a simple minded person.  "Did you have a stroke?"  I know, I stood there for a minute, I really could not believe she just asked me that.  I simply said "me, why?"  she goes on to explain that her and a friend had noticed my shaking, and the fact that I walked different. What the fuck ever. I just replied with, "didn't know it was that noticeable, thanks for asking.  I have Parkinson's."   Why I let this bother me so much, I have no fucking clue. She probably meant no harm, but isn't that quite rude?  Maybe if we were friends and not acquaintances and maybe if we were alone and not surrounded by people. Maybe, if I thought she really cared, and it wasn't for the sake of gossip.  Maybe, on a different day it wouldn't bother me.  Today was not the day.    Guess I need to start using that line   Hello my name is Holli and I have Parkinson's.  Not a fucking stroke!!!!!

Today has been a day.

1 comment:

  1. This is where you hold up that sign that say's "'I see stupid people"
    Hope you are still having a good day. <3

    ReplyDelete