Sunday, March 6, 2011

Just another Sunday

Well, my alarm sounded at precisely 3:30 this morning.  This was allowing thirty minutes for meds to kick in and the other hour to get myself ready, Parker up, load the car and  be on the road at 5.  The first part of our morning was perfect. Well , besides the fact that I am not accustomed to driving in the dark, as this well nourished girl is usually home way before the sun sets.  We were off to one of Parkers last regular season bowling tournaments.  He would be bowling at a familiar house (that's bowling lingo for the establishment that you are bowling at) anyway,  it's an easy drive and the first half hour I spent thinking about the people we would be seeing.  We have a group of friends at every tournament and I hadn't seen most of them since before Thanksgiving.  Needless to say a few things in my life have changed.  I was a little concerned and even considered not taking my meds for fear of the jig kicking in full force.  It is tight quarters at the youth events and constant twitch or tremor was not going to go unnoticed.  I forged ahead and figured it would all work out and it did.  I'm quite sure that some noticed my shimmy shimmy shake, but they were all kind enough to talk behind my back, so all was good.  Let me back up, on the way there we stopped at Denny's in Normal.  Lets just say I may have figured out why they call it the Grand Slam breakfast.
The end result looked something like this.  It all started when a group of about twenty late teens, early twenty somethings were attempting to leave this fine establishment after what I am assuming was a great night out.  They all seemed very happy, until one of the girls throws a glass at another girls head.  I must tell you she missed her calling, because that was a 90mph fast glass if I ever seen one. The full glass nails the oblivious, weave wearing woman directly in the head.  This is when the rest of the clan got involved. It looked like something from a movie.  There were men fighting women, men fighting men and the two girls that started the whole thing are in the parking lot rolling outside the window.  I heard the call go into 911, and at this point I was a bit nervous.  The uneasy feeling was soon replaced with hysterical laughter.  One woman apparently lost her shirt in all of this and was wandering aimlessly in the parking lot.  By the way, she evidently lost her jacket as well, because the only thing she was sporting was skin tight pair of jeans. I quickly turned to my fourteen year old who was going to be told to look the other way, but it was to late. His face let me know, he was laughing at the same thing that I had just witnessed.  The police soon arrived and the sun had came up, we ate our breakfast and enjoyed the live version of cops. 

A good day bowling in Joliet was over shadowed by a great episode of cops, live from Normal, Illinois. 

Today has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment