Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Medical Alert

So, what do you think about my new name tag?  I think it would be simply adorable with the right shoes, of course they need to be flat and have some top support. I do believe my flip flop days are behind me, along with long leisurely walks in the park.  That is, if I was the type of person that enjoyed long leisurely walks in the park.  This is something that I have been putting off for quite some time, I need to get my ass out of the house and exercise.  I know it will only make me feel better, but at this moment I feel quite content in my little office in my little house doing as little as possible. Hopefully warmer weather will bring some inspiration with it as well.  My handsome doctor was quite happy with an eight pound weight loss in  two weeks.  I explained to him that I had joined a fitness club and was running five miles a day.  The look of admiration soon faded as I then told him that this sinus infection that had moved in, and had left me with no appetite, but I was quite sure that the eight pounds would soon return. 

Some days it is rather hard to get around.  It feels as though your walking on rocks.  These seem to be the days that Mr Pakinsons is a little more noticeable.  These would also be the days that people tend to say the most irritating things.  I have visions of letting people know how I really feel sometimes.  To the woman who so lovingly explained to me that she was so happy that I was smart enough to realize things could be so much worse.  Yea, of course they could, but this is no walk in the fucking park either.  I try to stay positive, I do, but the fact that I have been given a diagnosis of an incurable neurodegenerative disease that will shred every ounce of dignity that I have, before taking my memory with it, leaves a person some what bitter and the fact that I can no longer wear cute shoes really pisses me off.  I know there are going to be days that I am angry and days that I will feel sorry for myself.  I just hope that days don't turn into weeks.  I need to embrace the good days, even if I have to wear ugly ass shoes.

Today has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment