Thursday, March 3, 2011

Just give me the facts


Shortly after I was diagnosed,  I was obsessed with reading other PWP's (people with Parkinson's) blogs.  I was so curious about other peoples daily lives.  How they felt when they woke up, what the meds made them feel like,  how long they had this shit pot of a disease and  what did they tell their families.  I must have started to read at least three hundred before I was left with the question,, are all of these people doctors?  Seriously, most of the blogs I came across were all about statistics and medicines that were all foreign to me.   I appreciate the fact that these people were gracious enough to take time out of their busy schedules to post, but where the hell are the real people?  The people that are going crazy because they haven't pooped in four days?  Where are the people that are freaked out because the dreams they have are so fucking vivid that they awake from a dead sleep in a panic?  How about the women that are seriously pissed off because they sweat so bad at night there hair is stuck to the pillow from all the hairspray they didn't get out the night before?  Ok, maybe that last one is me, but it happens.  Now, I must admit I have found a few that I can totally relate to.  They speak more about feelings, and less about the numbers surrounding the disease.  To them, I say thank you.  For my pocket pal of facts about Parkinson's, I am appreciative.  Every time I experience something I begin to wonder if it's normal or normal for someone with Parkinson's.  Some people may think that this makes me look stupid. Why would a forty thirty nine year old women feel the need to use the word poop?  The simple fact is, that's me.  I have questions.  I want to be able to ask simple questions to people my own age, that are going through the same thing.  Truth of it is, I have an old persons disease.  There I said it.  Only ten percent of people with this shit bag of a disease are diagnosed under forty.  I know  others out there and I pray I find some soon.   It would be great to be able to sit and ask simple questions to someone that really understands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment