Sunday, March 27, 2011

Proud Mama

Apparently, the fatigue I have been experiencing was not just a wonderful side effect of my little yellow fellow. You all remember the doctor that I adore, well not so much anymore.  He had the nerve to tell me that not only did I have a whopper of a sinus infection going on, but I tested positive for the walking pneumonia virus.  I had to listen to the little lecture about compromised immune system and listening to my body.  Yea, yea, yea,  just give me the prescription and I'll listen to my well nourished ass on the way home.  One of the meds I take is a slow release form of sinemet (my power steering flood).  I take this at bedtime and it's supposed to make the mornings a bit easier.  I personaly think they need to check the recipe on that one, because mornings have really sucked as of lately. I am still getting my morning meds in atleast a half hour before I even try to get out of bed, but even then it's been hard.  It seems as though it takes a couple of doses before I actually feel as though I'm not walking in sand.  The last few days I have taken it upon myself to up the dose, or actually to take the meds closer together and my legs are thanking me.  The antibiotics have also kicked in, allowing me to once again use my nose to breathe.  Now, if I can figure out a way to tell the gorgeous doctor over in Morton that I'm going to need my yellow fellows refilled earlier, because my degree from google allowed me to adjust my own meds, Iwill be just fine. 
If your a friend on facebook, you know by all the posts, that Parker and I headed to Joliet for a weekend of bowling.  We originally planned on leaving Friday morning, since mornings have been so pleasant for me, we took off Thursday night.  This would allow me a few more hours to get primed for the day ahead.  This is one spur of the moment decisions that I didn't later regret.  We had a great morning and it was followed up by a great afternoon at Town and Country Lanes.  Parker left Friday in sixth place and we were both very pleased.  A few hours of shopping and some dinner and we were off to the Bates nice motel.  This was a mighty fine establishment, let me tell you.  The only upside, was that we parked right outside our room, this allowed me to establish a quick get away, if need be.  Saturday morning we needed to be at the Lanes by 7 am.  That meant out the door at 6.  This well nourished girl raised a son that likes breakfast almost as she does.  I set my alarm for 4 am, this gave me a half hour of snoozes, half an hour for my meds to kick in and an hour to pack and get ready.  It does pay to be anal about schedules, we were out the door at 5:59.
This is how our day ended.  A third place medal.  We both thought it was second place, until we realized some creeper young man bowled out his ass the last game to drift in front of Parker in the standings. I could not have been more proud.  For nine games my little bambino averaged 198.6.  Not bad, not bad at all. 
When I started this blog, I had hopes of using it to reflect on things.  Dimentia is something that occurs in the later stages of Parkinson's.  This could be something that I have to deal with at some point.  It may be forty years from now and it may be sooner.  I pray that when I read this years from now, that I can remember how I felt when they called Parkers name in the closing ceremony.  I pray that I remember that my son was one of the few kids that raised is right hand up to his heart as they played the national anthem.  These are the things that I want to keep with me forever. 

Today has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment