Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Well, today is a new day.  I was wide awake at 5:30 to meet up with the little yellow fellow.  For those of you that are new to my blog, the little yellow fellow is what I have named my pills.  The pills that at one time through me into a  panic attack after reading the side effects.  I am one of the lucky ones, I have had no problems at all, except for fatigue.  I have touched this subject before, but I really need to act on it.  I have read all the articles about  fatigue and every article has the same happy ending, exercising will give you energy.  I seem to find the energy to get up and cook dinner or at ten o'clock at night I can muscle up the energy to get a snack.  This leads me to second problem, I love to eat.  I don't consider myself picky per say.  I like what I like.  Most of the likes involve an overwhelming amount of carbs.  This love and the fact that I shudder at the thought of exercising has left me with a "well nourished" body.  A well nourished body that is almost forty and now shakes like a quarter operated bed at times. 
I do not consider myself a rookie at this weight loss gig.  I have over the years lost hundreds of pounds, and that is no exaggeration.  I think my first crash diet took place between my junior and senior year in high school.  I lost about forty pounds and must admit felt really good about myself.  It didn't take long to get a new boyfriend and start college that the pounds came flying back home and they brought about ten friends with them.  That is the way my weightless has always been.  There are times when I try to convince myself that I am ok with being over weight.  I would give myself the "oh you are perfect the way you are" speech.  That is bull shit.  I have seen all of those women on Oprah telling their stories of loving the fact that they are large.  I would go for broke and say that if they had the choice, they would be sporting a Tyra Banks figure as well.  Tyra as in the skinny Tyra, we all seen the cover of the Enquirer where she was looking a bit hefty as well.  I guess it comes down to will power.   I am at the point in my life where it isn't about wearing a size 2, but being able to button my own pants.  Keeping my body as healthy as I can.
I seriously love this woman.  She is real.  She has lost and gained as much as I have over the years.  She stated in an interview that at her age it's all about getting thin for her and her children.  She wants to be healthy.  I am right there with her.  SO,  I am off to take Parker to work out.  I  may even go for a little walk.  I can't change the disease, but I can change the person dealing with it.
Today has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment