Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My helpful handbook

My helpful litttle handbook has once again helped me.  With all of the sleeping issues lately, I should rephrase that to sleeping issues at night, I decided to start reading.  I couldn't have been more than a couple pages into my new loves book, when I could barely see the page.  My eyes began to burn something terrible and it was almost as if I was seeing double.  I put the book down, gave my eyes a good rubbing and after a few minutes they began to burn worse.  Guess I should have removed my daily eye makeup before I started rubbing them like a dog with a flea.

  After removing the make up and giving them a rest, I decided to once again become familiar with Michael and his take on this whole fucked up disease.  It  took a bout 2 pages for the familiar burning and now watering eyes to fail me yet again.  My first thought was that of my knee high socks, my boot that I love so dearly, and now a great pair of glasses.  My eyesight has always been perfect, but I am knocking on the forty year old door. Throw in the fact that other then frequenting the world wide web, my reading had been very limited these past ten years. 
Well according to my pocket pal, Dolce and Gabbana may need to find a new model.  This is common in Parkinsons patients. This is what I found
  • "Parkinson's disease can cause extreme fatigue. Fatigue can cause blurred vision, dry eyes, watery eyes, and double vision. The medications prescribed to treat the condition may also play a part. The general tremors and moving impairments associated with the disease can lead to difficulty moving the eyes and judging distance. "  Simple solution...start blinking.  Apparently, it is harder to control your eyes, therefore we are so focused on that aspect that we don't blink.  It suggested that in between paragraphs, take a deep breath and blink a few times.  I gave it a shot.  I'm still not sure what the deep breath does, but the blinking allowed me an hour of enjoyable reading.  Who would have thought of such a simple soulution?  I don't see any two thousand paged novels in my future.  I'm afraid I would hyperventilate from all the deep breathing, but I am able to read for quite some time now, without looking like an ad for visine. 


  • I am sure that the day will come, that I encounter a problem that even my pocket pal will be stumped, but it's not today.
    Today has been a pretty good day.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment