Monday, February 28, 2011

Do Not Panic

Christmas Eve brought me a very surprising gift.  I received two tickets to see one of my favorite people, Kid Rock.  I should say I love Kid Country, I love his new stuff.  When I received the gracious gift, I could not have been happier.  Fast forward just two short months.  The once eager and ready to rock out, for the first time in twenty years, is now panicked at the thought of the stairs and the crowd.  Let me rephrase that, I am not scared of the crowd, or the stairs.  I am worried about being able to make it up the stairs and even more frightened of coming down the stairs.  I keep picturing groves of people moving at  a fast pace, and being stuck in the middle.   Once I get to my seat I know I'll be fine.  I will need to take my meds before I go, this will make it much easier to walk.  On the flip side, they will also get my jig going.  My older sister is going to be my cohort for the evening.  At least, I will be with someone that understands my limitations and I won't have to try to explain anything to her.  We are meeting friends before for dinner and cocktails.  So if you are lucky enough to be seeing  the Kid tonight as well, and see some thirty something crazy women in the upper bowl dancing before the show starts,  give me a shout.  We are going to make this a great night and I refuse to get panicked about things out of my control.  If the stairs do get the best of me, I hope this guy is standing at the bottom.
Notice the hands,  he is waiting at the bottom for this well nourished girl.  

Tonight will be a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment