Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One eskimos adventure

So anyone living in the mid west is experiencing this wonderful weather.  I seriously woke up to the news stating record breaking snow and thought wow, I may need to wear a coat today.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I hate to wear a coat.  I hate driving with a coat on and hate what it does to my hair.  Anyway, shortly after waking, I realized that someone was in need of a phone call.  You see I have this friend and she tends to worry a bit.  After she read my blog, the news was out to her.  She seemed quite eager to speak to me, basically by the fact that all her messages were in caps and she explained that meant she was yelling.  Well,, I sent a text and shortly after she called.  We spoke for quite some time.  I explained what had been going on and why I hadn't told anyone.  A few tears were dropped, and not by me.  She seemed to understand me and to have a special friend like that really means something.

I guess now is when the adventure began.  Doctors office called and due to weather offered me an earlier appointment.  I really thought this would be my chance for my sister to stay behind and not get a chance to see my weight when they weighed me.  Seriously, I had already told her " you can come in when the Dr is ready to talk plan of action".  I had no intention on her or anyone else seeing that 3 digit number pop up.  Well luck would have it that her programs were also cancelled because of the weather and her appointment book was cleared.  Ohh how I beamed inside that she would be able to go.  Actually, I was glad she was going but was just nervous about the outcome of all of this.  We headed to Morton on some mighty slick roads.  Made it there fine and got right in to see the Doctor.  Did I say he is hot?  Ohh yes, my doctor could grace the cover of GQ and that is no exaggeration.  He looked me over, as I did him. Ok, not in the same way but you get the point. Then after talking about some of the tests and symptoms it was time to talk action.  The good doctor did insist then that I allow my sister in the room.  I mean she did risk her life to get there with me.  Quite frankly, yes indeed I am the newest member of the Parkinson's club.  Not your ordinary elderly member but a member none the less.  We have started some oral med and he thinks we need a neurologist on board for this cruise.  So, on February 17th I will again be nervous about meeting yet another doctor.  I can hope that he is as adorable as my Morton Man. 

This is what it was like on the way home.  I really did appreciate Dede being there.  I am sorry I shed a few tears there.  I guess a tiny little part of me was hoping that the other two doctors were wrong.   Now,  I will officially deal with it.  I will play ps3 with Parker and laugh at silly people on FB.  This is not going to change me,   I won't fucking let it.  (I added that F bomb for Patti S.  she likes that word)

No comments:

Post a Comment